Paper shredders require regular shredder oil lubrication for optimal performance and extended lifespan. We recommend you oil your shredder once a month. Your shredder oil can be drizzled onto a few sheets of paper and fed into the shredder.
- ALWAYS UNPLUG THE SHREDDER BEFORE CLEANING!
- Be sure to periodically empty the wastebasket to avoid overloading and damaging the cutting mechanism.
- Only clean the shredder by carefully wiping the unit with a dry soft cloth or towel.
- Do not clean or immerse shredder in water. Having the unit wet may result in damage or malfunction to the electrical components. If the shredder happens to get wet, be sure to completely dry the unit immediately with a cloth or towel.
- Never use anything flammable to clean the shredder. This may result in serious injury or damage to the product.